Monday, June 13, 2011

THREE SECRETS FOR GREAT LEADERSHIP

Someone once told me, that there are three secrets to effective leadership and coaching. Unfortunately, they didn't know what they were. I have no secrets but after 35 years being a leader/coach in some capacity,I have several observations that tell me what good leaders are made of. The following are a series of words and concepts that may be a good forum for discussion and opening to what it takes to be an effective coach and leader:
1)Listen
2)Serve
3)Vulnerable
4)Selfless
5)Flexible
6)Laughter
7)Influence
8)Step aside
9)Respect
10)Integrity
      There are others elements ,for sure, but without these, there is no leadership because there is no relationship and as we now know, extraordinary leadership is only possible where strong positive relationships are formed, chiseled from the work of the heart.
       I will promise you this. If you practice the BIG 10 above, those you lead will follow you for a life time.    That's it for now...I must go for a run...DocJ

No comments:

Post a Comment