Wednesday, June 1, 2011

LEADING OTHERS TO FOLLOW THEIR HEARTS.

Today as I approach taking a risk in my life, I remember this: WHY WALK WHEN YOU CAN FLY? Yes,Jerry, you are standing at the edge of the figurative cliff and scared out of your mind... your heart tells you to jump and trust that you will build your wings during the fall...then you'll fly. As scholar Joseph Campbell once said, follow your bliss ( heart) and when you do, doors will open that never opened before. Doors will open where there weren't even doors. But remember that following your bliss is a journey that goes up and down...there are challenges along the path. It's never smooth. You lose, fall down, fail and have setbacks but these obstacles are never as painful as those you encounter when you are not following your heart. Remember as the Tao Te Ching says, "we lose and in this way win". All losses are our mentors and teachers that help us to forge ahead. You get knocked down and success is getting back up. I know all this is true yet I am still scared,frightened by change and risk. But with COURAGE, I JUMP,scream and pray that all will work out not as I think it SHOULD but as it suppose to. In his book, The Teachings of Don Juan, Carlos Castenada reminds me that the only mistake I can make in life is to NOT follow my heart, that inner,deep voice called intuition. So, if it feels right I must go ahead and jump. I have been following his advice for 35 years and haven't looked back . FOLLOW YOUR HEART ( in French, the word for heart is coeur...how we got the word courage). I'll return...I'm loving this Blogging stuff...after all I love to write. Check out some of the books I've written on my on-line store www.wayofchampions.com.  This is a good day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it, Jerry! Your message in todays blog was perfect for me to read today. I'm so happy that you updated your website. It looks great! Looking forward to reading more as you write in your blog:) Thanks for all of your wisdom!

    ReplyDelete