Sunday, November 26, 2017

SPIRITUAL VITAMINS IN SPORTS

Wouldn't it be satisfying to experience a soulful connection and relationship with something greater than ourselves? You can begin to transform your relationship with sports by shifting from the exterior battlefields of time, score, opponent, points scored, outcomes and results TO an interior battlefield against fear, failure and self doubt. Such inner battles are won with what I call "weapons of the Heart" such as courage, fearlessness, tenaciousness, perseverance, sacrifice, integrity and more.

As in all of life, the physical activity becomes the conduit for profound transformation, spiritual growth and positive change. I invite you to compete with heart by using such core values I call "spiritual vitamins" for the athletic soul. While it's important to be physically strong, it is absolutely essential to be spiritually solid. The above spiritual values can be taught and therefore learned. I teach these core values to my teams so that they can be not just physically and mentally talented but spiritually talented as well. You can actually learn how to be courageous and how to persevere. This is what I do in my Way of Champions work. Read about this in my website. Over the past 27 years, 109 of the teams I have been part of have won championships at the conference and national levels in college and professional ranks. There must be something to the "spirituality of sport".

All of this in the name of TAO... a way or path...to help all athletes on the journey from ordinary to extraordinary as you train,compete and live in alignment with your heart. This is the true essence of what I call Spirit of the Dancing Warrior, the TAO OF SPIRITUAL TRAINING TOWARDS FULL CAPACITY LIVING AND PERFORMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment