Friday, November 24, 2017

HAVING MATURE HOPE


In sports as in life, we are always looking for hope...I hope I play, I hope we win, I hope I make the team, I hope I stay healthy, I hope I get the job, I hope (s)he likes me. Notice how all these items focus on outcomes and results. Truth be known, we can not control outcomes and results and when we try, we become tight ,tense, tentative and stressed. These feeling response actually hinder the possibility of desirable results as we lose confidence and become prone to mistakes ,errors, and setbacks.

So, how can we hope that all of our hard work pays off? Today I was reading something that shed light on the concept of HOPE and it really has helped me already. It said to give up the hope of things turning out in a certain way...that is the hope of expectation. Instead, have hope in the possibility or potential of something good happening, something that is a good unknown whatever it may be. DO the work then sit back believing that the best will happen even if it's not what you want BUT what you need and trust that. My hope is in the "potential of goodness happening" NOT in goodness happening. The operative word here is "POTENTIAL". This is what is called MATURE HOPE.

There is the potential that you may like this post. I hope that's a possibility and potentially true. SO, my hope is real and feels easy to have.  Hope you have a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment