Saturday, September 26, 2020

THE NEW NORMAL

 We purposely move outside our comfort zone, we think outside the box into areas that are unknown and frightening, and this has become our new normal.

Coach Bob Hansen, Middlebury College Men’s Tennis National Champions

I love this quote. Much of what I do is outside of the box and my comfort zone, which I like. That’s what my brand WAY OF CHAMPIONS is all about. So you can see from the book you’re holding that most of my work is unconventional; I’m not your typical sports psychologist. In fact only 15% of my work could be called sports psychology. I’m not as interested in fixing problems as much as I am in creating new normals: progressive cultures based on the 115 championship cultures I’ve helped tobuild throughout a long, fun-filled career. I’m interested in profound change – more of the emotional spiritual type. I weave a quilt of various cultures from Taoist, Buddhist and Native American cultures together with Western psychology in order to win the day. I am regarded nation-wide as a sports psycho-philosophical coach, using psychology, philosophy and spirituality to construct championship teams in athletics and life. The next several posts will give you individual specific "new normals" to IMPLEMENT with your team and culture. These gems really work well. Read about all of this in my book WIN THE DAY.


No comments:

Post a Comment