Tuesday, December 22, 2015

MINDFUL MOVEMENT

In his work, The Hero's Journey, scholar and mythologist Joseph Campbell recalls the period of his life as a world class athlete while at Columbia university: "That was a beautiful, beautiful period. I think that meant more to me than anything else. I learned more about living from that time than any other time in my life." 

Working with athletes for over 40 years, I would agree with him. I intentionally teach these great spirits that their sport experience is a valuable classroom for learning the deeper lessons of life. Personally, all that I am, what I do and how I live is a direct reflection of the impact of my physical life, years of running and biking, on my well being. 

What has your physical life taught you about the game of life? I refer to this as Mindful Movement and the spiritual supplements for your athletic soul (or is it sole?)

HEAR DR.JERRY DICUSS A SERIES OF PROFOUND QUESTIONS ON PERFORMANCE, LEADERSHIP, BEING PRESENT, LOSS AND GAIN AND MINDFULNESS AS WE NAVIGATE THESE UNCHARTERED AND OFTEN TURBULENT WATERS IN OUR LIVES.

No comments:

Post a Comment