Sunday, December 20, 2020

A LEADER'S CREED

 Here is a rerun from the distant pass written back in 2011 as a blog. It is excerpted from my book called, COACHING WITH HEART, and this creed is the essence of how we remind ourselves to lead in this way.


 I WRITE AS I TALK...INCESSENTLY ONCE I BEGIN. But for this blog, I will cut to the chase and state what I believe to be the central belief of our sacred work of coaching/leading. It is something I have written after reading a statement by Rudolph Steiner on his approach to teaching and then, putting my spin on his philosophy:

REGARD THOSE YOU COACH & LEAD IN SACRED AWE,
COACH & LEAD THEM IN LOVE,
CREATE & CULTIVATE A PLACE OF HEART,
WHERE ALL BELIEVE THEY CAN BE SOMETHING OTHER THAN ORDINARY.

 I make this suggestion: place these words in a frame and hang it in a place where you can read it each day before you do your precious work with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment