Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SHANG SHAN

In Chinese, the expression Shang Shan suggests ascending to the mountaintop in order to escape the chaos and pressures below in daily life. The summit provides a sanctuary, a natural,sacred space of peace, calm, relaxation and therefore clarity of thought. I have run up many mountains and now realize why... I need to get away from the stress and craziness of life. I also have noticed that when I do these awesome runs on trails to the peak, I have been able to write chapters for my books in my head or even get ideas for writing new books, solving personal problems, answering questions and getting clear on paths I must take for a deeper, richer life. And, I haven't even talked about the physical benefits of strenuous mountain exercise. The nice part of being on top of the summit is how it gives you perspective, like an eagle flying above, on all that matters in your life. It is a way for me to achieve harmony, balance, peace and happiness in the moment perched atop of my world. The mountain is calling. It's why I am so attracted to my home in Colorado.

2 comments: