Monday, April 1, 2013

SPIRITUAL LEARNING

WESTERN LEARNING VS. EASTERN LEARNING


When I talk with most sports psychologists in the profession, they seem to focus on learning as something the athletes do to understand and master their external world on the field.
When I work as a sports psychologist, I focus on learning as something athletes do to understand and 
master their internal world in their hearts and souls. I teach by having them cultivate the deeper 
spiritual virtues such as courage, fearlessness, tenacity, commitment, patience, perseverance, persistence, trust, respect, integrity, sacrifice and humility all of which serve to influence their outer world. In this sense, I become a teacher and philosopher for the bigger game of life, the by product being, higher level performance on the field. I call this... THE WAY...  of The Champion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment